Piyo Workout Reviews 2020: Piyo workouts have gained popularity in recent times since the breakout of the workout program created by Chalene Johnson from Beachbody.
People have been curious of the workout because of its exciting workout methods and approach towards being healthy and working out at home at the same time.
Piyo Workout Reviews 2020
It can be defined as a workout regime which includes high-intensity exercises with the combination of Yoga and Pilates that have low impact, which eliminates the need of weights, jumping, and joints training, and other strenuous exercises.
First thought on the Piyo after analyzing the definition
If you have got what I stated above, then you might be interested already to know about this workout even more. The workout seems attractive when it comes to the requirements and easiness factor. We often feel like giving up or lazy when it comes to high-intensity workouts.
But in Piyo it tells us that there would be low impact so no weights needed or heavy jumping. It is my job to make you understand better so let’s not judge the workout before studying it thoroughly.
What does the Piyo workout include?
The Piyo workout program is a 60-day workout plan meant for all age groups. Chalene used to conduct such exercises in her daily routine but she later discovered that what this type of workout could actually be. When she got incredible feedbacks they decided to turn this into a DVD program.
The goal behind the Piyo Workout
It is simply to provide people with a workout that is less strenuous as compared to the other forms of workout such as pushups, crunching, jumping etc. It is sort of unconventional and definitely unique.
The workouts have been designed according to days and specific body parts. Chalene does provide a calendar for every workout and day to follow. But first let’s discuss the different workouts and we will later focus on the calendar.
Chalene knows that this is a new workout pattern and enthusiasts might not know certain exercises or won’t be used to them in the first place. Align is meant for your introduction to the workout program so that you can be prepared for the forthcoming exercises.
Workout Duration – 43 minutes
2. Lower Body
The exercises are smooth and easy going. They are dynamic in nature and you won’t struggle with them.
Muscles and body parts targeted
∙ Lower abs and legs
∙ Improvement of the core strength
∙ Hamstrings and Thighs
∙ Stretching and Toning of the entire lower body
Exercises you will have to do
∙ Triceps Push-ups
∙ Low Lunges
∙ High Lunges
∙ Warrior Series
∙ Balance Series
∙ Crouching Crow Exercises
Workout Duration – 20 minutes
3. Upper Body
The difficulty level will increase with the new workouts coming your way.
Muscles and body parts targeted
Exercises you will have to do
∙ Side Planks
Workout Duration – 19 minutes
As the name suggests it is meant to make you sweat throughout the workout. This is the part where you will find doing cardio a bit advanced. The exercises will include yoga and some resistance moves which will give you the first good challenge in your workout so far.
List of the exercises involved
∙ Plank and Core
∙ Squat Variations
Workout Duration – 37 minutes
Again as the word suggests it is meant to make you drenched in your own sweat. This workout will be the first big challenge even for the experienced fitness enthusiasts because it targets your core at the very core. This shall benefit you a lot if done with conviction throughout the session.
List of exercises
∙ Sun Salutations
Workout Duration – 48 minutes
In this form, you will witness frequent changes in the tempo of your workouts which will help you in the strengthening and toning of the muscles.
7. Strength Interval
It is a combination of both the resistance and the light exercises that will help you in toning your muscles along with burning a large number of calories.
The role of Modifiers in the Piyo workout sessions
You will find other professionals along with Chalene during the workout sessions. Their role is to make you understand the exercises better and modify them for you so that you don’t lose out just because you were not able to exercise the same way it was indented to.
Who is it for?
∙ Beginners looking to step into the fitness lifestyle
∙ Any fitness enthusiast
∙ Who wishes to work out from home
∙ Less time-consuming workout sessions
∙ Someone looking for complementary workout regime along with their weight training
∙ Who wishes to get lean
∙ Someone who has joint problems
∙ Simple weight loss goals
Who wishes to try Yoga and Pilates
∙ Who is interested in light workouts
∙ Who aspires to have the core strength
What does the Piyo Base Kit include?
1. 10 Workouts on 3 DVDs
You will get 3 different DVDs which will help you to learn all the 10 workouts in a detailed manner. The videos along with Chalene will have other professionals who will modify the exercises for you in case you find them hard to do.
2. Quick Start Guide
A brief introduction of things will go down once you indulge yourself in the 60-day workout plan. It is a must go guide to know the essentials of the workout regime so that you can prepare in your head to be ready for it.
3. Piyo 60 Day Workout Calendar
Chalene has designed the entire workout calendar for the entire 8 weeks with moderation as required for the optimum workout results.
4. Lean Eating Plan
It is a basic nutrition guide that you might also find in other Beachbody programs but it is definitely worth it because any plan specially designed under the supervision of Chalene Johnson is a must try. The nutrition guide will complement your workout and will keep you going for the future progress in your workout sessions.
5. Tape Measure
The Beachbody has also included a special tape measure that will help you in tracking your progress over time.
6. Buns Workout
Now, this is a special one. All your fantasies and wishes of having a toned and a beautiful butt can be achieved by doing these exclusive workouts. The concept of buns works around your lower body parts by using the weight of your body to create the necessary resistance.
Piyo’s Target Audience
If you have already looked at some of the reviews, you might have noticed all of them to be women. The success stories have been portrayed by a lot of women who initiated Piyo workout into their lifestyle. Even their website showcases the success stories of women but not even a single man’s testimony was to be found.
You can check the latest price by clicking on the link below for the Piyo workouts by Chalene Johnson.
Additionally, you will have to purchase a yoga mat which will cost you around $15 – $20 dollars.
PiYo Meal Plans
I will discuss the meal ideas as per the requirements of a woman because I am sure the ones reading this mail would be female.
You all have heard it all when it comes down to a diet you need to say goodbye to all the junk and unhealthy stuff you consume on a daily basis. Yes, that is truly the rule number one for any diet plan to make it work for the long term as well as short-term results.
What I don’t want you to struggle with is the selection of the right foods you have to consume. There are many options available when it comes to healthy eating but selecting the right choices in accordance with the workout is a must.
When I say the right choices I simply mean that your dietary choices should include all the macro and micro nutrients required by your body. However, you can check out the Beachbody website where they have described the full-fledged diet with preparation guidance. You will be sorted once you go through it and it will be the last meal guidance you need.
1. Beginners Opportunity – If you are somebody who is looking for a start who has never experienced working out and wants to explore or get ready for future by building the base through low impact exercises.
2. Interval Period – The idea of a 60-day workout, where after, you can judge for yourself if this worked out for you or is it the ideal type of workout you want to continue with. In order to judge the results of any sort of workout 60 days is a good time.
3. Low Impact Workouts – People who find themselves to be lazy or doesn’t want to do super high resistance exercises all the time can try this course.
4. People with Physical Problems – If you are somebody who has got knee and joints issues or somebody who finds difficulty with coping with the conventional exercises of the gym can try the workout.
5. Involvement of Modifiers – Along with Chalene the modifiers present give a chance for all the customers to stay with the pace and maintain ease in their workouts.
6. Flexibility – Yoga being one of the regimes will give your body the platform to increase your overall flexibility movement of the body.
7. Hassle-free Workouts – Except the yoga mat you don’t require any other equipment to perform your workouts.
8. Less Time Consuming – All the workouts have been structured to keep the time limit to its minimum. It is the ideal form of workout for people who live hectic lives throughout the week.
1. The major drawback, in my opinion, would be that is way too women-centric and doesn’t attract men.
2. The other drawbacks are something which can be experienced at a personal level such as short lengths of the workouts, less cardio, etc. These drawbacks might differ from person to person.
- PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga
- Piyo cranks up the speed to deliver a true fat-burning, low-impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean, and incredibly defined
If you fit in the above-mentioned categories, then ideally this workout can be a successful try out for you. Other factors such as space, investment, time are definitely an advantageous side of the program. That’s all about the Piyo Workout Reviews 2020.