Paleo Diet – Everybody is getting crazy about getting the perfect figure and toned body.
Dietitians are developing new innovative ideas to help people achieve their dream figure. with recent growth in technology, some people are going back in time for shedding the extra pounds.
One of these offbeat ideas is Paleo Diet. As quickly as its name sounds, the Paleo diet is gaining popularity rapidly among people.
The name itself is uncommon to some, and it may be confusing because of that so we have bought you a brief you can refer to clear up that confusion.
You might remember the hunter-gatherers from your middle school history books. So why are we referring to them here? Well, The Hunter-gatherers’ era was also known as the Paleolithic era. This era existed about 2.5 million to 10000 years ago. An abbreviation for this paleolithic is Paleo. This is where the diet gets its name from.
So going with accordance to name it is also known as Hunter-gatherers diet, stone age diet or paleolithic diet.
For people who are still confused as to why are we referring history books, let us break it down for you. Dietitians believe that going back to our diet before farming was introduced might help us reduce all the negative junk a body accumulates due to sitting around and comfort of modern age.
The simple idea behind this diet plan is that human body developed completely before farming was introduced and with age farming and its by-products made people more and more dependent on easily available fatty resources does d forming a natural body shape and clogging our arteries. So the simple solution is to remove the problem from its roots by going back to our roots.
Anyhow anything that is simple you don’t need anything extra or overly fancy to follow this diet plan. There are a few foods that you can consume. Some of these foods are Lean meat, Fish, fruits and vegetables and nuts and seeds.
This list might look a little short on first look, but worry not you can switch between the different type of fruits and vegetables in your weekly plans to gain all the nutrition that your body requires. Paleolithic diet covers most of the nonfatty nonfarming products.
Paleo Diet: The Ultimate Guide of 2019
Here is a list of a few things that you might have to avoid. Eg dairy products, legumes, and grains.
Now unlike the other diet plans, where you need to hunt for low fat or sugar-free items in the grocery stores, this diet option provides you with the ease of getting readily available foods and no extra hassle for cooking them in a special Way Or with special ingredients. Btw, we have recently written an article about ragi recipes for weight loss
There are numerous diet plans and might very on the prescription of your nutritionist, a but a few of the common guidelines are as follows.
List of items we need to avoid:
- Grains, such as wheat, oats, and barley
- Legumes, such as beans, lentils, peanuts and peas
- Dairy products
- Refined sugar
- Highly processed foods in general
And this is a list of few foods that you might include in your Paleo menu:
- Nuts and seeds
- Lean meats, especially grass-fed animals
- Fish, especially those rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, mackerel and albacore tuna
- Oils from fruits and nuts, example: olive oil or walnut oil
Some of the common paleo diet menus are:
- Breakfast: Broiled salmon and cantaloupe.
- 1. Healthy fat: healthy Paleo oils, avocado, olives, or fatty meats like bacon.
- 2. Vegetables and fruits.
- Lunch: Broiled lean pork loin and salad (romaine, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, walnuts and lemon juice dressing).
- Dinner: Lean beef sirloin tip roast, steamed broccoli, salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, avocado, onions, almonds, and lemon juice dressing), and strawberries for dessert.
- Snacks: An orange, carrot sticks or celery sticks.
The diet also emphasizes drinking water and being physically active every day. Some things to keep in mind during paleo diet:
1. Some dietitians ask you to includes eggs and yogurt depending on your tolerance of these products.
2. Coffee is strictly prohibited in paleo diet when you consuming this diet your guts become a little sensitive, coffee can be injurious and overall bad for your health.
3. Legumes and grain diets like oatmeal are also avoided in this diet
4. This diet requires you to drink a lot of water. You can use infused water for better benefits too.
5. since this diet is based on hunter-gatherers lifestyle, a lot of physical work and exertion is required.
6. Animal products are not included in any of the menus in the paleo diet usually.
People who want to lose weight rapidly or your dream of that lean body are choosing paleo over other dieting options. But this diet needs to be monitored very carefully. Let us look at who can choose this diet.
- Athletes for rapid weight loss.
- People aiming for a week-long diet plan.
- Detoxicating diet followers.
- People who cannot follow strict dieting plans and/or are uncomfortable with diet products.
Paleo diet has numerous advantages over another diet. Since this plan does not restrict your food intake, you don’t need to feel guilty about sneaking snacks between your planned eating time.
- More weight loss.
- Improved glucose tolerance.
- Better blood pressure control.
- Lower Triglycerides.
- Better appetite management.
Some dietitians suggest this diet when you are are not comfortable with long duration of exercise and required to lose a lot of weight rapidly this helps people prevent physical exertion file maintaining weight loss training. Also, some people combine the paleo diet with other health training and exercise routines to achieve faster results.
To summarise it all we can say, paleo is a new tech diet plan for modern day people. So if you are planning to get in shape and want to do that quickly paleo diet is a great option for you to try out. That’s all about the peleo diet.