Gym Equipment Names – If you are a beginner just started with a brand new gym subscription or maybe you’re thinking to have one, then you’ve stumbled upon the very right place.
We’re here compiling a list with gym equipment names and uses to make you familiar with all the important tools which will play an important role in your fitness regime.
We can totally understand how difficult it could be to separate two from two when all you see in the gym are machines.
You feel like you don’t belong when you don’t even know the name of those instruments. But you don’t have to worry further because we, as your fitness wellwishers, congratulate you over your huge step to start the workout.
Gym Equipment Names
We’re here to assist you and walk with you down the healthy road, your workout sessions are going you to take.
So, read along to update your fitness knowledge to workout like a pro in your new gym.
#01 – Dip Station
This U-shaped bar in the gym is built with a strong base and two handles, to give training to your upper body. It is named after dip exercise.
Uses – This equipment can be utilized to perform dips exercises. It provides a workout to shoulders, triceps, lower pecs.
Benefits – Dips are a great exercise to build strength while training your upper body. It also tones up your biceps and abdominal area to make you look fit.
Recommended Model – Fuel Performance Deluxe Dip Station
- SPECS – Assembled dimensions are 29.92" x 24.8" x 38.58".
- CONSTRUCTION – Built with 12- and 14-gauge steel with a durable, powder coat finish and gussets for added stability.
#02 – Pec Deck Machine
It a weight machine which includes two levers that are pulled toward each other. It gives exercise to the upper body muscles.
Uses – This equipment is helpful in doing exercises like a butterfly, chest fly, etc.
Benefits – Exercising with Pec Deck Machine gives training to pectoral muscles. It can tone chest and shoulder muscles and add strength to arms.
Recommended Model – Body-Solid GPM65 Plate Loaded Pec Machine
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL: Provides unilateral and bilateral chest back and shoulder conditioning for your training routine
- DURABILITY: This peck deck has DuraFirm padding that offers exceptional comfort during your workout and durability during intense lifting
#03 – Power Rack
It is also known as a squat rack, power cage and squat cage is a weight training equipment. Built-in large rectangular-cube shape, it is used for heavy barbell exercises.
Uses – It can perform exercises like Bench Press, Close Grip Bench Press, Overhead Press, Rack Lockout, Rack Pull, Barbell Shrug, Inverted Row, Barbell Bent Over Rows, Barbell Curl, Upright Row, etc.
Benefits – These exercises can perform body-wise muscle building, squats strengthen the leg muscles. It can build strength for upper as well as lower body.
Recommended Model – TDS Squat Rack
- 2" Sq. Steel Tube Construction HD. J Hooks & 1" Solid Steel Safety Bars included.
- 48.5" x 48" x 82.5" H - 140 lbs Olympic Set & weights are shown for information only-not Included.
#04 – Suspension Trainer
Consisting of nylon ropes and webbing, a suspension trainer performs a variety of body weight exercises known as suspension training.
It is a brainchild of a US navy seal popular as Total Resistance Exercise (TRX).
Uses – It provides resistance training against the trainer’s own weight with multi-planar, compound exercise movements.
Benefits – Suspension training develops strength, balance, flexibility, and joint stability simultaneously. With its dynamic positions and functional movements, it builds physical strength.
Recommended Model – TRX Training BASIC Suspension Trainer Kit, Full Body, 20 Minute Workouts
- OUR BEST-SELLING TRAINING SYSTEM! Create full-body workouts Anywhere, Anytime! Includes Suspension Training Strap, Indoor/Outdoor Anchors, 35-Page Workout Guide & 2 Bonus Workouts,PLUS get your FREE...
- GET AMAZING RESULTS FAST! For ALL Skill Levels, ALL Health & Fitness Goals! Digital Workouts teach you to rapidly achieve incredible results: Build Muscle, Burn Fat, Strengthen Core, Increase...
#05 – Stair Stepper
With stair stepper at your gym, you get a good cardio workout with stair climbing.
Uses – With cardio training, this equipment provides exercise to lower-body muscle with its stair-climbing functionality.
Benefits – It tones the muscles of calves, glutes, quads, and hamstrings. It is also helpful in achieving weight loss goals.
Recommended Model – Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS LCD monitor measures the steps time total and calories making your exercise more reasonable and effective
- TOTAL BODY Equipped with removable training bands this high-quality stepper tightens over 20 different core muscles and using low-impact aerobic exercise to help tone your chest back and shoulders
#06 – Mini Trampoline
This is the round bouncing machine placed in your gym which is a fun tool for exercising.
Uses – Mini Trampoline offers a bouncy space for jumping exercise known as rebounding, which is good for overall strength.
Benefits – Rebounding is a great cardiovascular exercise, as it engages a variety of muscles. This fun form of exercise is also helpful in weight loss and can be a stress reliever.
Recommended Model – MaXimus Pro Quarter Folding Rebounder Mini Trampoline
- ✅ LOSE WEIGHT & GET FIT: with this Low Impact, High Performance trampoline. The MaXimus PRO Indoor Rebounder supports a person up to 310 lbs and is very low impact to protect your joints. Just...
- ✅ YOUR COMPLETE HOME GYM PACKAGE: includes MaXimus Pro Rebounder (40in), Handle Bar, Resistance Bands & Sand Weights for Conditioning/Strength training and Rebounding Loads of Workouts (online and...
#07 – Stretching Machine
This machine is designed to enhance the level of your stretching. You can get a full-body stretching machine as well as leg stretching machine, as per your fitness goals.
Uses – This machine eases stretching as they are designed specifically for the purpose.
Benefits – Stretching is recommended before most of the exercises. It loosens up the stiff muscles and increases the flexibility of the body.
Recommended Model – Gronk Fitness Commercial Stretch Machine
- TOP RATED STRETCH MACHINE ON THE MARKET: The only stretch machine with only positive reviews and zero complaints is now sold on Amazon! This stretching machine is made of 70lbs of stainless steel and...
- FLEXIBILITY MACHINE FOR EVERY SINGLE MUSCLE: The Gronk Fitness stretching station is the only product on the market that allows you to effectively stretch your entire body with assistance and...
#08 – Preacher Bench
Made for weightlifting exercises, this machine has a seat and a padded bar at chest height which support the arms.
Uses – Preacher Bench is used to perform exercises to develop bicep muscles.
Benefits – This machine targets the bicep muscles, making them toned and strong.
Recommended Model – Valor Fitness CB-6 Adjustable Arm Curl Bench
- A WORKOUT BENCH ADJUSTABLE FOR YOU - Adjust this curl bench to create the best arm curl blaster for your biceps. Seat Pad adjusts in 5 positions (18”–23”), Arm Rest adjusts in 5 positions...
- COMFORTABLE CURL POSITION – Feel comfortable while curling big weight in your seated position. The soft wide platform for your arms is made of high-density padding, which provides ultimate comfort...
#09 – Air Resistance Exercise Bike
This bike has two handles that move back and forth, a fan that works with the speed and power of the pedals. With no preset electronic scheduling, the trainer can choose their own resistance level.
Uses – This exercise bike gives a cardio workout while using air resistance as an advantage for the training.
Benefits – This bike is meant to give a workout to your whole body, while you paddle, the hand handles also move. This is a good way for cardio training.
Recommended Model – Stamina ATS Air Resistance Exercise Bike
- Maximum Weight 250 lbs Type Indoor Cycling Bikes, Upright Bikes Manufacturer Part Number 15-0881 Model 15-0881 Fitness Goal Increase Cardio, Lose Weight Brand Stamina Assembled Product Dimensions (L x...
#10 – Rowing Machine
Also known as an indoor rower and ergometers, this machine is made to exercise like water rowing. Indoor rowing is a sport in itself.
Uses – An indoor rower trains the whole body in a similar way water rowing does.
Benefits – This popular exercise serves many benefits; calories burning, building stamina, cardiovascular benefits, and muscle toning.
Recommended Model – Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5
- Your purchase includes One Concept2 Indoor Rowing Machine, D Model. A Performance Monitor 5 computer, One Model D User Manual, One Performance Monitor Quick Start Guide, tools and illustrated assembly...
- Rowing machine dimensions: Assembled: 8 ft x 2 ft (244 cm x 61 cm) With Clearance for Use: 9 ft x 4 ft (274 cm x 122 cm) For Storage: 25 in x 33 in x 54 in (63.5 cm x 83.8 cm x 137.2 cm).
#11 – Elliptical Trainer
An elliptical trainer is also known as a cross-trainer or an X-trainer. Exercising on it causes less pressure on joints. It is a good fit for people with injuries.
Uses – It trains with exercises like stair climbing, walking, or running as per the resistance preference of the trainer.
Benefits – While providing a diverse full-body workout this machine can increase your aerobic capacity which is good for cardio health and apparently burns calories.
Recommended Model – Sole E95 Elliptical
- Elliptical machine provides challenging cardio workout, supported by blue, backlit LDC display that helps you track essential training data
- Power adjustable stride with 20-to-22-inch maximum stride length; six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart rate programs
#12 – Roman Chair
This equipment is designed specifically for lower back exercises. Hence, it has two pads at different levels, a larger pad for back and the smaller one for your legs.
Uses – Various exercises can be performed on this machine lower-back hyperextension, spinal flexion, and knee extension.
Benefits – Training on a roman chair makes the abs, hamstrings and gluteal muscles strong.
Recommended Model – Marcy Adjustable Hyperextension Roman Chair
- VERSATILE EQUIPMENT – This training bench can be used for a wide variety of abdominal workouts. It helps strengthen the lower back while targeting the glutes and hamstring muscles for superb...
- HYPEREXTENSION BENCH – The Marcy Roman Chair features a back hyperextension station that lets you position yourself correctly while performing a variety of movements. Sit and lean backward to...
#13 – Kettlebells
A kettlebell is an ancient exercise equipment, an iron-ball with a handle on top.
Uses – There are various exercises which can be performed with this equipment including ballistic training. It has a sport of its called as kettlebell lifting.
Benefits – Exercising with kettlebell has as many benefits as the number of exercises that can be performed with it. It provides cardiovascular, strength and flexibility to the body.
Recommended Model – Yes4All Solid Cast Iron Kettlebells
- 5 LBS HIGH-QUALITY SOLID CAST IRON KETTLEBELL: Built to last - constructed of solid cast iron with no welds, weak spots, or seams
- BLACK PAINT FINISH: Painted to prevent corrosion and increase durability & give you better grip strength with no slipping in your hand like a glossy finish
#14 – Handgrip Exerciser
Handgrip Exerciser has thick springs with handles for the training of hands.
Uses – This small equipment is good for warm-up exercises which improve the strength of hands for complex training.
Benefits – Exercising with this machine results increased hand strength and improves grip for heavy weight training.
Recommended Model – Hand Grip Strengthener
- Increase Finger, Hand, Wrist and Forearm Strength Fast, Ideal for Athletes and People that do Rock Climbing, Bodybuilding, Golf, Tennis etc.
- Easily Adjustable to 4 Different Levels of Resistance and a High Quality, Longer Lasting Design
#15 – Lat Pull-Down Machine
Consisting of a padded seat, thigh support, and a long bar, this is a strength training machine for the workout of the lat muscles.
Uses – It is specifically used for pulldown exercise, which is a strength training for latissimus dorsi muscle.
Benefits – It is beneficial in building upper body strength and improves the posture of the spine.
Recommended Model – XMark Lat Pulldown and Low Row Cable Machine XM-7618
- VERSATILITY: Features both high and low pulley stations for a multitude of exercises including lat pull downs, low rows, bicep curls, triceps presses, and shrugs. For use with standard or Olympic...
- STRENGTH: With nylon-coated aircraft quality cables that have a 2200 pound tensile strength rating and a 400 pound maximum load capacity, XMark has got your back during your most demanding strength...
#16 – Smith Machine
It is another kind of weight machine with a barbell attached within steel rails for vertical movements.
Uses – Though used especially for ‘smith machine squats’, many other exercises can also be performed with this device.
Benefits – It enhances the stability and balance to improve the efficiency of the overall workout.
Recommended Model – Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine Total Body Training Home Gym System with Linear Bearing MD-9010G
- All-steel construction – This home gym system is made with heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with durable powder coated finish. It utilizes sturdy aircraft cable With a tensile strength of 2, 000...
- Multi-functional press arms – this versatile weight system home gym is designed with dual Action press arms. The press arms allow you to perform a variety of arm and chest exercises to develop your...
#17 – Plyo Boxes
Plyo Box is a box-like equipment made for plyometric exercise. It comes in different heights according to levels of ability.
Uses – Plyometric exercise includes movements like Front Box Jump, Lateral Box Jump, Weighted Lateral Jumps, Broad Jumps, Skater Jumps, Scissor Jumps, Dot Drill, Lateral Box Shuffles and more can be performed with this small equipment.
Benefits – These exercises are meant to build up the strength for both upper and lower body parts and also tone the muscles. Fat and calories are also burned with these training.
Recommended Model – Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box
- Perfect for box jumps, step-ups, box squats, and CrossFit workouts
- Plywood - 3/4 inch thick. Assembly screws and square-drive bit are included.
#18 – Maxi Climber
Maxi Climber is a type of vertical climber is built for strength training, cardio exercises and full body workouts.
Uses – Exercising with this device stimulates all the major muscles which can burn calories easily.
Benefits – It focuses on toning up the core muscles, arms and the lower body. Exercising on a maxi climber is a good way to build six packs.
Recommended Model – MaxiClimber
- Versatile and easy-to-use climber that works for all fitness levels, with BONUS companion Fitness App.
- Full-body workout, combines calorie burning cardio with muscle toning in one simple step.
#19 – Calf Machine
There are two kinds of calf machines available; standing and seated. Both are built for the training of the calf muscles.
Uses – This machine can be used to perform exercises like Double-Leg Calf Raise, Single-Leg Calf Raise, Seated Calf Raise, and Calf-Building Sports.
Benefits – Basically exercising with it will strengthen your calf muscles; the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles. It also improves the balance.
Recommended Model – Powerline PSC43X Seated Calf Machine
- Seated calf machine increases calf muscle interaction and helps speed the rate of development
- 3:1 weight ratio helps you build powerful calf muscles
#20 – Wall Ball
Wall Ball came into the picture from a schoolyard game, played with a medicine ball.
Uses – It is a full-body training which focuses on quads, shoulders, chest, and core and builds the muscles of glutes, hamstrings, and triceps.
Benefits – Wall ball enhances the core strength, shape up the bottom and tone the arms.
Recommended Model – fit Medicine Ball Black 10 Pound
- TRAINING FUNCTIONALITY: Extremely versatile piece of gym equipment, that can be used for strength training and plyometric exercises.
- MOBILITY: Excellent piece of equipment for stretching and rolling out tight and sore muscles.
#21 – Cable Pulley Machine
A cable pulley machine has cables with grips which are connected to the weights. This versatile gym equipment is also known as a cable crossover machine.
Uses – It can be used to perform a number of exercises. Cable Pec Fly, Standing Single Arm Cable Row, Standing Single Arm Press, Triceps Extension, and Diagonal Wood Chops are some of them.
Benefits – Cable Pulley Machine gives an ideal solution for full-body exercise. It is also good for moderate weight training.
Recommended Model – XMark Functional Trainer Cable Machine with Dual 200 lb Weight Stacks
- In addition to the standard accessories already included with the XM-7626, we've added our XMark triple chrome plated chinning triangle, single grip handles, triceps rope, revolving curl bar, and...
- Hands down the XM-7626 is the most versatile piece of equipment for your family's home gym. Easily adjusts for anyone in your household, whether young or old, short or tall.
#22 – Ab Coaster
The Ab Coaster in your gym includes steel rails, an exercise mat, and weights.
Uses – As the name suggests, ab machine provides the workout to the abs from the bottom up.
Benefits – Due to its work on the abdominal part, it develops the core strength.
Recommended Model – Abcoaster Max Deluxe with Weights
- BEST SELLING AB / CORE EXERCISE MACHINE: World famous AbCoaster’s bottom-up slider motion is easy to do & easy on you; unlike most ab machines, the AbCoaster MAX Deluxe provides a comprehensive...
- DOUBLE YOUR AB WORKOUT: Ab Coaster abs machine targets your entire core area including upper, middle, and lower abs in half the time to help you get lean, sculpted, sexy abs, a chiseled midsection,...
#23 – Spin Bike
This is the indoor bike you can find in your gym with the heavyweight flywheel and cycling shoe compatibility.
Uses – With this equipment, you can do the cycling exercise in the indoors.
Benefits – Cycling holds a number of benefits like weight loss, strength building, and many cardiovascular advantages without causing much pain to the joints.
Recommended Model – Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- Sturdy Flywheel: The 40-pound chrome flywheel is designed to maintain momentum smoothly as you cycle on the cardio machine. Heavy flywheels support speed, stability, and consistency across your...
- Resistance: Increase resistance or come to a complete stop in a flash with the friction resistance knob. Use the resistance knob to increase and decrease resistance applied to the flywheel.
#24 – Power Tower
Power Tower is also known as the captain’s chair and knee raise station. It is built to give training to the upper body with its backrest and forearm rests that makes a chair. There are also vertical handles at the edges of the armrests.
Use – It is a versatile device which is designed to perform multiple exercises like chin-ups, dips, pull-ups, push-ups, and others.
Benefit – These exercises benefit with toned biceps, forearms, chest, and strong upper back muscles.
Recommended Mode – Stamina 1690 Power Tower
- WHY POWER TOWER? Power Towers allow for many different bodyweight exercises, helping you lose weight, build muscle and improve heart health. Bodyweight routines are invigorating and effective for...
- ALL-IN-ONE FITNESS EQUIPMENT: The versatile Stamina Power Tower 1690 can be used for pull-ups, dips, push-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, vertical knee raises and more.
#25 – Hack Squat Machine
Hack Squat Machine is a hybrid of the leg press machine and the squat machine.
Uses – It performs hack squat exercise, popular among weightlifters for lower-body development and strength training.
Benefits – Hack squats are known for its utility of greater stability to the lower body. It tones up the thighs and calf sections.
Recommended Model – Body-Solid GLPH1100 Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine
No products found.
#26 – Dumbbells
It is common to see this free-weight equipment with a bar with weights on the ends called as dumbbells in the gym.
Uses – Most of the dumbbells provide customized weight training, as weight plates can be changed as per the resistance. They can perform various joint-isolation exercises such as biceps curls, chest flyes or shoulder raises.
Benefits – These exercises with dumbbells build strength and look after cardiorespiratory fitness and flexibility.
Recommended Model – Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells 40, 50, 52.5, 60, 105 to 200 lbs
- SET OF 2 DUMBBELLS - 40 LBS TOTAL: TWO 14”x 1” handles, FOUR 3-pound plates, FOUR 5-pound plates, FOUR collars
- CAST IRON WEIGHT PLATES FIT 1-INCH STANDARD BAR: Accommodate all standard 1-inch handles. Durable cast iron plates covered with black paint finish preventing rust and corrosion for lifetime use
#27 – Chest Press Machine
A modern version of bench press machine, chest press machine is commonly available in fitness centres.
Uses – They are designed in a way to offer strength training to upper body parts.
Benefits – Training with chest press machine tone up the biceps, deltoids, and latissimus dorsi muscles. It also strengthens the arms and upper back.
Recommended Model – Deluxe Weight Bench Press Equipment
- Includes a 100 lb vinyl weight set that contains two 10 lb weights, four 20 lb weights, 2 spring collars and 1 steel bar
- Build and develop your quads, hamstrings, glutes and hip-flexors with the 4-roll leg developer
#28 – Recumbent Bike
Consisting of a reclining seat, this bike is designed for cardio training to the fitness enthusiasts with some limits and the beginners.
Uses – Like an uptight bike, this bike is also used for cycling exercise with added support to the back
Benefits – It offers cardiovascular workout to all level of trainers with a little less stress. It burns the calories and definitely builds the strength with the resistance training.
Recommended Model – Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
#29 – Abdominal Bench
It is an exercise machine with a function to train the abdominal muscles.
Uses – Abdominal strengthening exercises like sit-ups, crunches and alike are performed on the abdominal bench. This machine can be adjusted to different angles to focus a variety of muscles.
Benefits – This machine provides strength to the abdominal area. It also tones up the said muscles.
Recommended Model – Goplus Abdominal Twister Trainer Height Adjustable Incline Workout Equipment Ab Rocket Exerciser
#30 – Treadmill
Last but not least for sure, the treadmill has become synonymous to the gym itself. The trainer can set their own pace for running and walking on this machine.
Uses – As we all know, this machine is for indoor walking and running exercises.
Benefits – Walking and running have its own benefits, from cardio health to strength building. It also helps in losing weight.
Recommended Model – NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-month individual membership included; Experience live, studio, and global workouts in the comfort of home; Trainers lead your exercise
- 10 % OneTouch incline control; 10 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; With iFit, your trainer auto-adjusts your speed and incline through a smart Bluetooth connection
Conclusion – Gym Equipment Names
This is it with our gym equipment names list. We hope you enjoy a stimulating workout session at your gym and enjoy a great health. it’s all about Gym Equipment Names