Gym Equipment Names – If you are a beginner just started with a brand new gym subscription or maybe you’re thinking to have one, then you’ve stumbled upon the very right place.
We’re here compiling a list with gym equipment names and uses to make you familiar with all the important tools which will play an important role in your fitness regime.
We can totally understand how difficult it could be to separate two from two when all you see in the gym are machines.
You feel like you don’t belong when you don’t even know the name of those instruments. But you don’t have to worry further because we, as your fitness wellwishers, congratulate you over your huge step to start the workout.
Gym Equipment Names
We’re here to assist you and walk with you down the healthy road, your workout sessions are going you to take.
So, read along to update your fitness knowledge to workout like a pro in your new gym.
#01 – Dip Station
This U-shaped bar in the gym is built with a strong base and two handles, to give training to your upper body. It is named after dip exercise.
Uses – This equipment can be utilized to perform dips exercises. It provides a workout to shoulders, triceps, lower pecs.
Benefits – Dips are a great exercise to build strength while training your upper body. It also tones up your biceps and abdominal area to make you look fit.
Recommended Model – Fuel Performance Deluxe Dip Station
- SPECS - Assembled dimensions are 29.92" x 24.8" x 38.58".
- CONSTRUCTION - Built with 12- and 14-gauge steel with a durable, powder coat finish and gussets for added stability.
- FEATURES - Angled, padded grips add comfort while performing exercises. Open, pass through design adds versatility. 12- and 14- gauge steel construction with gussets adds stability and the durable powder coat finish prevents rusting.
- VERSATILE - This bodyweight training station allows you to target the chest, shoulders, triceps, abs, legs and more.
- FUNCTIONAL - Open, pass through design allows multiple exercises to be performed, such as chest dips, pull ups, hanging leg and knee raises, and more.
#02 – Pec Deck Machine
It a weight machine which includes two levers that are pulled toward each other. It gives exercise to the upper body muscles.
Uses – This equipment is helpful in doing exercises like a butterfly, chest fly, etc.
Benefits – Exercising with Pec Deck Machine gives training to pectoral muscles. It can tone chest and shoulder muscles and add strength to arms.
Recommended Model – Body-Solid GPM65 Plate Loaded Pec Machine
- Fly machine delivers unilateral and bilateral movement for chest, back, and shoulder conditioning
- Dual overhead variable resistance cams for independent arm movement
- DuraFirm padding offers exceptional comfort and durability during intense lifting
- 2- by 2-inch high tensile steel frame and low profile for stability
- Measures 32 by 28 by 65 inches (L x W x H) and weighs 91 pounds
#03 – Power Rack
It is also known as a squat rack, power cage and squat cage is a weight training equipment. Built-in large rectangular-cube shape, it is used for heavy barbell exercises.
Uses – It can perform exercises like Bench Press, Close Grip Bench Press, Overhead Press, Rack Lockout, Rack Pull, Barbell Shrug, Inverted Row, Barbell Bent Over Rows, Barbell Curl, Upright Row, etc.
Benefits – These exercises can perform body-wise muscle building, squats strengthen the leg muscles. It can build strength for upper as well as lower body.
Recommended Model – TDS Squat Rack
- 2" Sq. 11 Gauge Steel Tube Construction HD. J Hooks & 1" Solid Steel Safety Bars included.
- 48.5" x 48" x 82.5" H - 150 lbs
- Professionally Knurled 1 1/8" Dia Front Chinning Bar. Designed to add many attachments to convert as a home gym.
- 31 holes 2" apart with numbers for adjustment. 2" distance between holes and numbers are essential for efficient lifting
- TDS has been in business for 42 years. Thousands have been sold all over the world.
#04 – Suspension Trainer
Consisting of nylon ropes and webbing, a suspension trainer performs a variety of body weight exercises known as suspension training.
It is a brainchild of a US navy seal popular as Total Resistance Exercise (TRX).
Uses – It provides resistance training against the trainer’s own weight with multi-planar, compound exercise movements.
Benefits – Suspension training develops strength, balance, flexibility, and joint stability simultaneously. With its dynamic positions and functional movements, it builds physical strength.
Recommended Model – TRX Training BASIC Suspension Trainer Kit, Full Body, 20 Minute Workouts
- OUR BEST-SELLING TRAINING SYSTEM! Create full-body workouts Anywhere, Anytime! Includes Suspension Training Strap, Indoor/Outdoor Anchors, 35-Page Workout Guide & 2 Bonus Workouts,PLUS get your FREE 30 Day Trial on our NEW TRX App to Generate Next-Level Intensity NOW!
- GET AMAZING RESULTS FAST! The TRX ALL-IN-ONE Suspension Trainer is for ALL LEVELS and ALL GOALS. TRX will help you achieve incredible results: BUILD MUSCLE, BURN FAT, STRENGTHEN CORE and IMPROVE FLEXIBILITY to look & feel your best.
- WORKOUT ANYWHERE! Includes multiple anchors for great workouts off DOORS, RAFTERS, TREES, POLES, POSTS and other secured structures. TRX is light & easy to pack yet super strong & durable. Now you have NO EXCUSES when you're on the road, at the gym or at work. Workouts have never been so FUN, FAST & EFFECTIVE!
- SINGLE-ANCHOR PATENT! TRX has patented the single-anchor resistance trainer. Our single anchor design allows for easy set-up and quick adjustments to ensure every workout is balanced and maximizes results. TRX ALL-IN-ONE includes TRX Suspension Strap, indoor/outdoor anchors, 35-page workout guide, 2 bonus workouts, and introductory access to the TRX APP to hundreds of next-level workouts.
- PRODUCT SATISFACTION! TRX created bodyweight resistance training ten years ago and has SOLD OVER 4 MILLION TRX Straps. Unlike cheap knock-offs, TRX has the highest quality product, commercial grade materials and webbing. Every TRX product is SAFETY-TESTED to support up to 350 pounds of Bodyweight and is WARRANTIED for one year.
#05 – Stair Stepper
With stair stepper at your gym, you get a good cardio workout with stair climbing.
Uses – With cardio training, this equipment provides exercise to lower-body muscle with its stair-climbing functionality.
Benefits – It tones the muscles of calves, glutes, quads, and hamstrings. It is also helpful in achieving weight loss goals.
Recommended Model – Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: LCD monitor measures the steps, time, total and calories, making your exercise more reasonable and effective
- TOTAL BODY: Equipped with removable training bands, this high-quality stepper tightens over 20 different core muscles and using low-impact aerobic exercise to help tone your chest, back, and shoulders
- HYDRAULIC DRIVE SYSTEM: Built with a hydraulic drive system, this workout machine provides a smooth stepping motion
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: Height adjustment knob adjusts the step motion height, for either short bursts or long steps
- WIDE NON-SLIP PEDALS: Large textured foot plates ensure a solid non-slip footing. Height range will decrease with each counter-clockwise turn
#06 – Mini Trampoline
This is the round bouncing machine placed in your gym which is a fun tool for exercising.
Uses – Mini Trampoline offers a bouncy space for jumping exercise known as rebounding, which is good for overall strength.
Benefits – Rebounding is a great cardiovascular exercise, as it engages a variety of muscles. This fun form of exercise is also helpful in weight loss and can be a stress reliever.
Recommended Model – MaXimus Pro Quarter Folding Rebounder Mini Trampoline
- This foldable indoor mini trampoline is easily stored and transported as it folds in half and then in to quarters and comes with a neat carry/storage bag. Very popular with Personal Trainers and Fitness Instructors. The MP Rebounder is used by many top sports men and women and elite athletes around the world as training on this versatile piece of kit can give them an edge over their opponents by increasing balance, coordination and core strength, including muscular strength and endurance.
- Package includes stability bar, new modern high energy rebounding workout DVD with 3 amazing fun workouts for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels and bonus core and stretch workout to ensure you get great results and burn 1000's of calories. Our rebounding programmes are presented by UK Rebound Master trainers. The workouts are very motivating and provide an excellent cardio vascular workout and also toning, conditioning and flexibility exercises. FREE 3 MONTHS ONLINE VIDEO MEMBERSHIP!
- The MaXimus Pro Rebounder folding mini trampoline is one of the USA's top sellers, it is extremely robust, very low impact, and delivers amazing fitness results! Can take 300lb person. The reason why people choose our rebounder is because unlike cheap mini trampoline toys, the Maximus Pro Rebounder is made of high quality component parts and it is built to last. Supplied with a full warranty and all component parts are replaceable.
- Giant jumbo 32 coiled springs and double cross stitched mat gives a very resilient and low impact and quiet bounce. Effective drainage for lymphoedema sufferers. Mini Trampoline for Adults ONLY.
- Includes resistance bands and sand weights for great toning work, and package also comes with sand weights for extra resistance making this the best value rebounder fitness package on the market. Non marking rubber feet. The MP Rebounder is 40inches across (standard size) when set up and folds down in half and then quarters in to very small for storage. Spring loaded legs.
#07 – Stretching Machine
This machine is designed to enhance the level of your stretching. You can get a full-body stretching machine as well as leg stretching machine, as per your fitness goals.
Uses – This machine eases stretching as they are designed specifically for the purpose.
Benefits – Stretching is recommended before most of the exercises. It loosens up the stiff muscles and increases the flexibility of the body.
Recommended Model – Gronk Fitness Commercial Stretch Machine
- TOP RATED STRETCH MACHINE ON THE MARKET: The only stretch machine with only positive reviews and zero complaints is now sold on Amazon! Newly rebranded by GronkFitnessProducts.com, this stretching machine is made of 70lbs of stainless steel and double stitched, high density upholstery that will last for a lifetime!
- STRETCH OUT EVERY SINGLE MUSCLE: The Gronk Fitness stretching machine is the only equipment on the market that allows you to effectively stretch your entire body with assistance and instantly relieve tightness and pain. Although it was professionally designed as a gym accessory, it's quite the ideal solution for your stretching routine at home!
- USE MULTIPLE GRIPS & STRETCH LIKE THE PROS: Stretch all your muscles from different angles, release tight spots and work on your flexibility by utilizing the various adjustable handle bars featured in the Gronk Fitness stretch machine. You can even use the integrated front pads to stretch those hard-to-reach muscles that no other similar machine allows you to hit.
- EXQUISITE LOOK FOR YOUR GYM OR HOME: The Gronk Fitness stretch machine not only provides unparalleled assisted stretching, it also carries an exquisite look into your gym or home. It comes in a classic black and red color scheme with the Gronk Fitness logo right on the seat!
- HASSLE-FREE STRETCHING OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Gronk Fitness is widely known for the quality & consistency that brings to the table and this commercial-grade stretch machine is no exception. That is why we stand behind our product and offer you a 5-YEAR WARRANTY (for home use), in case there is anything wrong with your equipment...although...should you require it, you'll be the first one!
#08 – Preacher Bench
Made for weightlifting exercises, this machine has a seat and a padded bar at chest height which support the arms.
Uses – Preacher Bench is used to perform exercises to develop bicep muscles.
Benefits – This machine targets the bicep muscles, making them toned and strong.
Recommended Model – Valor Fitness CB-6 Adjustable Arm Curl Bench
- HEAVY DUTY- Constructed from 2 in. X 2 in. solid Steel for a strong and sturdy frame. Includes Rubber End Caps at the base of the frame for added stability and to protect home gym floors from damage.
- HIGH-QUALITY PADDING- High-density, dual layered, vinyl padding is meant to withstand intense stress after repeated use.
- ADJUSTABLE- Seat Pad adjusts in 5 positions (23 in. at highest, 18 in. at lowest), Arm Rest adjusts in 5 positions (41 in. at highest, 33 in. at lowest), and Bar Holder adjusts in 4 positions (24 in. at highest, 18. 5 in. at lowest).
- BAR HOLDER- Measuring 22 in. inside to inside and 25. 5 in. outside to outside, the CB-6 could be used in combination with Valor Fitness OB-86-700 Olympic Bar.
- ADDITIONAL- Footprint of the CB-6 measures 22. 5 in. X 36 in.
#09 – Air Resistance Exercise Bike
This bike has two handles that move back and forth, a fan that works with the speed and power of the pedals. With no preset electronic scheduling, the trainer can choose their own resistance level.
Uses – This exercise bike gives a cardio workout while using air resistance as an advantage for the training.
Benefits – This bike is meant to give a workout to your whole body, while you paddle, the hand handles also move. This is a good way for cardio training.
Recommended Model – Stamina ATS Air Resistance Exercise Bike
- Maximum Weight 250 lbs Type Indoor Cycling Bikes, Upright Bikes Manufacturer Part Number 15-0881 Model 15-0881 Fitness Goal Increase Cardio, Lose Weight Brand Stamina Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 43.00 x 21.00 x 46.00 Inches
#10 – Rowing Machine
Also known as an indoor rower and ergometers, this machine is made to exercise like water rowing. Indoor rowing is a sport in itself.
Uses – An indoor rower trains the whole body in a similar way water rowing does.
Benefits – This popular exercise serves many benefits; calories burning, building stamina, cardiovascular benefits, and muscle toning.
Recommended Model – Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5
- Low impact workout that engages all major muscle groups; work legs, core and arms with a smooth, high calorie-burning motion
- Track your progress with real-time reliable data; the Performance Monitor 5 (included) self-calibrates for comparable results; connect wirelessly to heart rate belts and apps (not included)
- Designed to fit most users: 14-inch seat height, adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle
- Separates easily into two pieces for storage; caster wheels make it mobile; easy to assemble with only eight screws. Space Recommendations- Assembled- 8 ft x 2 ft (244 cm x 61 cm). For Storage- 25 in x 33 in x 54 in (63.5 cm x 83.8 cm x 137.2 cm)
- Space recommended for use is 9 x 4 feet; 500-pound user capacity; 5-year frame warranty included.Seat Height:14 inches.Users with an inseam of 38 inches (96.5 cm) or more may require an extra-long monorail
#11 – Elliptical Trainer
An elliptical trainer is also known as a cross-trainer or an X-trainer. Exercising on it causes less pressure on joints. It is a good fit for people with injuries.
Uses – It trains with exercises like stair climbing, walking, or running as per the resistance preference of the trainer.
Benefits – While providing a diverse full-body workout this machine can increase your aerobic capacity which is good for cardio health and apparently burns calories.
Recommended Model – Sole E95 Elliptical
- Elliptical machine provides challenging cardio workout, supported by blue, backlit LDC display that helps you track essential training data
- Power adjustable stride with 20-to-22-inch maximum stride length; six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart rate programs
- Pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring and includes heart rate chest strap; LCD console with nine-inch display; ECB resistance, built-in fan, and 15-inch pedals; includes sound system and water bottle holder
- Measures 27 by 62 by 83 inches (W x H x D), with 215-pound weight and 400-pound weight limit
- Includes the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship: lifetime on frame; five years on electronics and parts; and two years on labor
#12 – Roman Chair
This equipment is designed specifically for lower back exercises. Hence, it has two pads at different levels, a larger pad for back and the smaller one for your legs.
Uses – Various exercises can be performed on this machine lower-back hyperextension, spinal flexion, and knee extension.
Benefits – Training on a roman chair makes the abs, hamstrings and gluteal muscles strong.
Recommended Model – Marcy Adjustable Hyperextension Roman Chair
- VERSATILE EQUIPMENT - This training bench can be used for a wide variety of abdominal workouts. It helps strengthen the lower back while targeting the glutes and hamstring muscles for superb definition. Carve out the rock-hard abs you've always wanted with this equipment that allows you to perform challenging workouts to develop your core.
- HYPEREXTENSION BENCH - The Marcy Roman Chair features a back hyperextension station that lets you position yourself correctly while performing a variety of movements. Sit and lean backward to develop your core or flip over to perform back workouts with targeted motions.
- INTEGRATED PADDING - This gym equipment comes with high-density foam, padded handles, adjustable two-foam leg holders, and polymer upholstery to accommodate a variety of workout regimens for your convenience and maximum comfort.
- PREMIUM QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - Made with a sturdy, heavy-duty tubing frame with a powder-coated finish, this equipment is guaranteed to stand the test of time! It won't sway under your weight, as the structure's solid frame and ergonomic style guarantee reliable stability for every workout regimen.
- GYM-AT-HOME EXPERIENCE - Whether you'd like to strengthen your core, ease back pain, improve your posture, or build your six-pack abs, the Marcy Roman Chair will bring you a safe and solid way to work on your fitness goals right in the comfort of home! Its sleek and compact design allows you to store it conveniently in a corner in conjunction with the rest of your exercise equipment. Simply tuck it into a small space when it's not in use.
#13 – Kettlebells
A kettlebell is an ancient exercise equipment, an iron-ball with a handle on top.
Uses – There are various exercises which can be performed with this equipment including ballistic training. It has a sport of its called as kettlebell lifting.
Benefits – Exercising with kettlebell has as many benefits as the number of exercises that can be performed with it. It provides cardiovascular, strength and flexibility to the body.
Recommended Model – Yes4All Solid Cast Iron Kettlebells
- 5 LBS HIGH-QUALITY SOLID CAST IRON KETTLEBELL: Built to last - constructed of solid cast iron with no welds, weak spots, or seams
- BLACK PAINT FINISH: Painted to prevent corrosion and increase durability & give you better grip strength with no slipping in your hand like a glossy finish
- WIDE, SMOOTH HANDLE: Smooth, slightly textured handle to provide a comfortable & secure grip for high reps, makes chalk unnecessary for both men & women
- FLAT BOTTOM FOR STABILITY: Enable upright storage, ideal for renegade rows, handstands, mounted pistol squats & other exercises requiring a kettlebell with a flat bottom
- MOST VERSATILE & FUNCTIONAL FITNESS EQUIPMENT: Used for swings, deadlifts, squats, lifting, get-ups & snatches to workout & increase strength of many muscle groups & body parts including biceps, shoulders, legs, & more
#14 – Handgrip Exerciser
Handgrip Exerciser has thick springs with handles for the training of hands.
Uses – This small equipment is good for warm-up exercises which improve the strength of hands for complex training.
Benefits – Exercising with this machine results increased hand strength and improves grip for heavy weight training.
Recommended Model – Hand Grip Strengthener
- Increase Finger, Hand, Wrist and Forearm Strength Fast, Ideal for Athletes and People that do Rock
- Easily Adjustable to 4 Different Levels of Resistance and a High Quality, Longer Lasting Design
- Designed to Fit Large and Small Hands, Men and Women, Seniors and Teens
- Perfect Hand Exerciser for Musicians such as Drummers, Guitar, Piano and More
- Hand Gripper is a Popular Choice for Rehabilitation. People With Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis,
#15 – Lat Pull-Down Machine
Consisting of a padded seat, thigh support, and a long bar, this is a strength training machine for the workout of the lat muscles.
Uses – It is specifically used for pulldown exercise, which is a strength training for latissimus dorsi muscle.
Benefits – It is beneficial in building upper body strength and improves the posture of the spine.
Recommended Model – XMark Lat Pulldown and Low Row Cable Machine XM-7618
- VERSATILITY: Features both high and low pulley stations for a multitude of exercises including lat pull downs, low rows, bicep curls, triceps presses, and shrugs. For use with standard or Olympic plate weights
- STRENGTH: With nylon-coated aircraft quality cables that have a 2200 pound tensile strength rating and a 400 pound maximum load capacity, XMark has got your back during your most demanding strength training workouts
- STABILITY: 11-gauge steel 2 inch by 3 inch mainframe construction coated in a baked scratch-resistant powder coat finish with bolted-on skid resistant feet
- COMFORT: Extra thick 3 inch sweat and tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl cushion and oversized 4.33 inch vinyl covered thigh pads with chrome end caps. Included are a chrome-plated lat pulldown bar and low row bar with texturized rubber hand grips
- DESIGN: Constructed using high quality materials with detail in mind for a solid multifunction strength training machine that performs smoothly, has a minimal footprint, and looks as good as it feels to use. Additional attachments and bars available
#16 – Smith Machine
It is another kind of weight machine with a barbell attached within steel rails for vertical movements.
Uses – Though used especially for ‘smith machine squats’, many other exercises can also be performed with this device.
Benefits – It enhances the stability and balance to improve the efficiency of the overall workout.
Recommended Model – Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine Total Body Training Home Gym System with Linear Bearing MD-9010G
- ALL-STEEL CONTRUSTION - This home gym system is made with a heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with a durable powder coated finish. It utilizes sturdy aircraft cable with a tensile strength of 2,000lb that's guaranteed to withstand intense long-lasting use
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL PRESS ARMS - This versatile weight system home gym is designed with dual action press arms. Cage assembled dimensions- 70 L x 83 W x 86 H Inches. Bench assembled dimensions 75 L x 28.5 W x 47 H Inches
- OLYMPIC FREE-WEIGHT RACK - Engage in intense weightlifting or strength training right in the comfort of your home! It includes 6 weight plate pegs that are built into the frame, letting you organize weights/barbells on the machine for easy accessibility
- ALL-IN-ONE WORKOUT STATION-This complete training system features an innovative structure that combines arm and leg stations for strengthening different muscle groups and executing comprehensive workouts,limiting the need to switch between gym equipment
- LINEAR BEARING -The unique design of the linear bearing on the Smith Machine ensures a smooth motion to prevent any snags for an unencumbered experience. For added support, the Marcy MT-3 Barbell Pad provides comfort for select exercises- SOLD SEPARETELY
#17 – Plyo Boxes
Plyo Box is a box-like equipment made for plyometric exercise. It comes in different heights according to levels of ability.
Uses – Plyometric exercise includes movements like Front Box Jump, Lateral Box Jump, Weighted Lateral Jumps, Broad Jumps, Skater Jumps, Scissor Jumps, Dot Drill, Lateral Box Shuffles and more can be performed with this small equipment.
Benefits – These exercises are meant to build up the strength for both upper and lower body parts and also tone the muscles. Fat and calories are also burned with these training.
Recommended Model – Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box
- Perfect for box jumps, step-ups, box squats, and CrossFit workouts
- Plywood - 3/4 inch thick. Assembly screws and square-drive bit are included.
- Flatpacked requires assembly. Basic DIY skills required.
- Tight Fitting design requires Rubber Mallet for assembly. This makes box extremely strong even without screws or glue.
- Pre-drilled holes makes it quick to assemble. 10-15 minute assembly time with a power screwdriver.
#18 – Maxi Climber
Maxi Climber is a type of vertical climber is built for strength training, cardio exercises and full body workouts.
Uses – Exercising with this device stimulates all the major muscles which can burn calories easily.
Benefits – It focuses on toning up the core muscles, arms and the lower body. Exercising on a maxi climber is a good way to build six packs.
Recommended Model – MaxiClimber
- Versatile and easy-to-use climber that works for all fitness levels, with BONUS companion Fitness App.
- Full-body workout, combines calorie burning cardio with muscle toning in one simple step.
- Low impact workout, easy on the knees and ankles.
- Saves time - No need to drive to the gym and use several machines.
- Easy to set up, lightweight and height adjustable. Comes 90% pre-assembled, ready to use in minutes. And compact folding for an easy storage.
#19 – Calf Machine
There are two kinds of calf machines available; standing and seated. Both are built for the training of the calf muscles.
Uses – This machine can be used to perform exercises like Double-Leg Calf Raise, Single-Leg Calf Raise, Seated Calf Raise, and Calf-Building Sports.
Benefits – Basically exercising with it will strengthen your calf muscles; the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles. It also improves the balance.
Recommended Model – Powerline PSC43X Seated Calf Machine
- Seated calf machine increases calf muscle interaction and helps speed the rate of development
- 3:1 weight ratio helps you build powerful calf muscles
- Angled foot platform with no-slip surface
- Adjustable design fits users of all sizes
- Measures 45 by 21 by 32 inches (L x W x H) and weighs 44 pounds
#20 – Wall Ball
Wall Ball came into the picture from a schoolyard game, played with a medicine ball.
Uses – It is a full-body training which focuses on quads, shoulders, chest, and core and builds the muscles of glutes, hamstrings, and triceps.
Benefits – Wall ball enhances the core strength, shape up the bottom and tone the arms.
Recommended Model – fit Medicine Ball Black 10 Pound
- Heavy duty, triple stitched soft covering
- Absorbs impact
- All sizes are 14-Inch diameter and red/black color
- Special construction allows ball to maintain balance and keep its shape
- 6lb, 8lb, 10 lb,12lb,15 lb,18 lb,20 lb, 25 lb, and 30 lb sizes
#21 – Cable Pulley Machine
A cable pulley machine has cables with grips which are connected to the weights. This versatile gym equipment is also known as a cable crossover machine.
Uses – It can be used to perform a number of exercises. Cable Pec Fly, Standing Single Arm Cable Row, Standing Single Arm Press, Triceps Extension, and Diagonal Wood Chops are some of them.
Benefits – Cable Pulley Machine gives an ideal solution for full-body exercise. It is also good for moderate weight training.
Recommended Model – XMark Functional Trainer Cable Machine with Dual 200 lb Weight Stacks
- In addition to the standard accessories already included with the XM-7626, we've added our XMark triple chrome plated chinning triangle, single grip handles, and triceps rope.
- Hands down the XM-7626 is the most versatile piece of equipment for your family's home gym. Easily adjusts for anyone in your household, whether young or old, short or tall.
- Your training possibilities are unlimited with the dual 200 lb. weight stacks, quick adjust pulleys with 19 settings spaced at 3.5" each and easily interchangeable accessories.
- The heavy duty 11-gauge 2" x 3" steel mainframe construction ensure the XM-7626 is solidly built, while the commercial grade pull up rig and pulley system are extremely smooth.
- The XM-7626 provides true isolateral-based movements, allowing users a variety of options for muscle targeting and isolation. Also perform pull-ups and chin-ups on the split grip pull-up bar.
#22 – Ab Coaster
The Ab Coaster in your gym includes steel rails, an exercise mat, and weights.
Uses – As the name suggests, ab machine provides the workout to the abs from the bottom up.
Benefits – Due to its work on the abdominal part, it develops the core strength.
Recommended Model – Abcoaster Max Deluxe with Weights
- The Ab Coaster's Safe Bottom-Up Motion is Easy to Do & Easy on You!
- Our unique, natural arc motion and free-style seat target your entire core.
- Double your workout and achieve scultpted, sexy abs in half the time.
- Perfect for beginners and long-time fitness enthusiasts alike.
- Durable, long-lasting steel construction supports up to 300 lbs.
#23 – Spin Bike
This is the indoor bike you can find in your gym with the heavyweight flywheel and cycling shoe compatibility.
Uses – With this equipment, you can do the cycling exercise in the indoors.
Benefits – Cycling holds a number of benefits like weight loss, strength building, and many cardiovascular advantages without causing much pain to the joints.
Recommended Model – Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- Sturdy Flywheel: The 40-pound chrome flywheel is designed to maintain momentum smoothly as you cycle on the cardio machine. Heavy flywheels support speed, stability, and consistency across your workout.
- Resistance: Increase resistance or come to a complete stop in a flash with the friction resistance knob. Use theresistance knob to increase and decrease resistance applied to the flywheel.
- Adjustable Handlebars: Ergonomic handlebars are designed to accommodate multiple riding styles while cycling on this bike for home use. Easily adjust the 2-way multi-grip handlebars, based on your height.
- Fitting & Adjustments: Tailor your riding experience to your individual height. Use the four-way adjustable seat that can be fitted to your individual leg length.
- Levelers: Prevent wobbling and jerks while riding when you adjust the base levelers that will keep the bike stable on uneven surfaces.
#24 – Power Tower
Power Tower is also known as the captain’s chair and knee raise station. It is built to give training to the upper body with its backrest and forearm rests that makes a chair. There are also vertical handles at the edges of the armrests.
Use – It is a versatile device which is designed to perform multiple exercises like chin-ups, dips, pull-ups, push-ups, and others.
Benefit – These exercises benefit with toned biceps, forearms, chest, and strong upper back muscles.
Recommended Mode – Stamina 1690 Power Tower
- WHY POWER TOWER? Power Towers allow for many different bodyweight exercises, helping you lose weight, build muscle and improve heart health. Bodyweight routines are invigorating and effective for major muscle groups.
- ALL-IN-ONE FITNESS EQUIPMENT: The versatile Stamina Power Tower 1690 can be used for pull-ups, dips, push-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, vertical knee raises and more.
- STABLE AND COMFORTABLE: Secure foam hand grips at each exercise station provide stability and comfort during exercise. The durable steel frame supports users of up to 250 lbs.
- FITS MANY SPACES: After an easy assembly, the Stamina Power Tower 1690 is a compact 49"x42.5"x81", making it ideal for any indoor or garage space. Non-slip endcaps protect whatever surface the Power Tower may rest on.
- WARRANTY INCLUDED: Comes with 5-year frame and 90 day parts warranty.
#25 – Hack Squat Machine
Hack Squat Machine is a hybrid of the leg press machine and the squat machine.
Uses – It performs hack squat exercise, popular among weightlifters for lower-body development and strength training.
Benefits – Hack squats are known for its utility of greater stability to the lower body. It tones up the thighs and calf sections.
Recommended Model – Body-Solid GLPH1100 Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine
No products found.
#26 – Dumbbells
It is common to see this free-weight equipment with a bar with weights on the ends called as dumbbells in the gym.
Uses – Most of the dumbbells provide customized weight training, as weight plates can be changed as per the resistance. They can perform various joint-isolation exercises such as biceps curls, chest flyes or shoulder raises.
Benefits – These exercises with dumbbells build strength and look after cardiorespiratory fitness and flexibility.
Recommended Model – Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells 40, 50, 52.5, 60, 105 to 200 lbs
- SET OF 2 DUMBBELLS - 40 LBS TOTAL: TWO 14"x 1" handles, FOUR 3-pound plates, FOUR 5-pound plates, FOUR collars
- CAST IRON WEIGHT PLATES FIT 1-INCH STANDARD BAR: Accommodate all standard 1-inch handles. Durable cast iron plates covered with black paint finish preventing rust and corrosion for lifetime use
- 14-INCH DIAMOND KNURLED CHROME HANDLE: Constructed of high-quality, textured chrome handle for secure, firm, and non-slip grip for a secure fit; Plates are made from durable cast iron
- STAR-LOCK COLLARS WITH LOOSE-RESISTANT RUBBER TRIMS: Threaded ends with star-lock collars provide a safe, secure workout & easy weight plate changes
- EASY USE & STORAGE: Take seconds to assemble and take out. Compact, convenient, and easy to use and store. All-for-one dumbbells eliminate the need for multiple dumbbells in your workout space. Suitable for performing basic toning body workouts
#27 – Chest Press Machine
A modern version of bench press machine, chest press machine is commonly available in fitness centres.
Uses – They are designed in a way to offer strength training to upper body parts.
Benefits – Training with chest press machine tone up the biceps, deltoids, and latissimus dorsi muscles. It also strengthens the arms and upper back.
Recommended Model – Deluxe Weight Bench Press Equipment
- Includes a 100 lb vinyl weight set that contains two 10 lb weights, four 20 lb weights, 2 spring collars and 1 steel bar
- Build and develop your quads, hamstrings, glutes and hip-flexors with the 4-roll leg developer
- Back rest is made of plywood and features an adjustable multi-position back pad for chest press and incline chest press exercises
- Constructed with steel tubing, foam rollers, comfortable high density seat and back pad
- Perfect for home use
#28 – Recumbent Bike
Consisting of a reclining seat, this bike is designed for cardio training to the fitness enthusiasts with some limits and the beginners.
Uses – Like an uptight bike, this bike is also used for cycling exercise with added support to the back
Benefits – It offers cardiovascular workout to all level of trainers with a little less stress. It burns the calories and definitely builds the strength with the resistance training.
Recommended Model – Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy-to-read LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Can be used as desk bike with height adjustable desks. Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit; large seat cushion and backrest
- Supports up to 300 pounds; Product setup dimensions: 33"L x 19"W x 46"H
#29 – Abdominal Bench
It is an exercise machine with a function to train the abdominal muscles.
Uses – Abdominal strengthening exercises like sit-ups, crunches and alike are performed on the abdominal bench. This machine can be adjusted to different angles to focus a variety of muscles.
Benefits – This machine provides strength to the abdominal area. It also tones up the said muscles.
Recommended Model – Goplus Abdominal Twister Trainer Height Adjustable Incline Workout Equipment Ab Rocket Exerciser
#30 – Treadmill
Last but not least for sure, the treadmill has become synonymous to the gym itself. The trainer can set their own pace for running and walking on this machine.
Uses – As we all know, this machine is for indoor walking and running exercises.
Benefits – Walking and running have its own benefits, from cardio health to strength building. It also helps in losing weight.
Recommended Model – NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
- Interactive Personal Training at Home powered by iFit, Includes 1 month iFit Membership
Conclusion – Gym Equipment Names
This is it with our gym equipment names list. We hope you enjoy a stimulating workout session at your gym and enjoy a great health. it’s all about Gym Equipment Names