The issue of gross feet can come to exist in different forms, and there is no universally accepted single solution for it. Technically, there can’t be because each gross feet problem occurs due to various reasons.
We often ignore the early symptoms of feet problems because we don’t care much about this part of our body and constant negligence later leads to a much bigger issue. The treatments then go for a more extended period, and you also end up paying a lot for these treatments.
Skin treatments and medicines are one of the costliest department’s of medicine in the healthcare, so it is better to be aware of such feet problems and to take necessary actions to avoid the issue of the feet condition getting worse.
Gross Feet Problem Fix: Types and Solutions
Natural treatments are one of the best options to try because there are certain substances that nature has gifted and they do possess the healing properties.
Types of Gross Feet Problems and their Possible Solutions
1. Athlete’s Foot
The condition of an athlete’s foot is quite common, and millions of cases are reported yearly all over the world. It usually occurs by wearing tight fit shoes and extreme sweating in the region. The symptoms of the problem are itching, burning, and stinging in the area. It is a fungal infection that commonly affects the region present between the toes.
* Anti-fungal creams – A dermatologist would prescribe you some anti-fungal creams that would relieve your symptoms in close to two weeks.
* Changing Footwear – If you have been wearing shoes that are too tight for your feet, then you should try wearing sandals for some time because at the moment your athlete’s foot requires air exposure.
* Tea Tree Oil – The mentioned oil has been proven to eradicate the fungus that causes the issue of athlete’s foot.
* Himalayan Salt and Apple Cider Vinegar – A mixture of the two in a half cup is beneficial for relieving the symptoms of an athlete’s foot.
2. Growing Toe Nail (Ingrown Toe Nail)
This is a condition under which the nail starts to grow inside the skin and mostly it is the toenail that starts growing. There can be a handful of reasons as to why a nail starts growing inside the skin.
The most common causes are:
* Wrong footwear choice that creates too much pressure on the big toenail
* Cutting or curving toenails incorrectly
* Genetic condition
* Injuries caused in the area
* Surgery – The partial toenails can easily be removed, and if the problem is severe then a matrixectomy will be done, and the entire nail shall be removed.
* Topical Antibiotic – Such creams can be applied to prevent the infection.
There are other home remedies available but there exists no specific treatment for this condition except surgery, and honestly, it isn’t much big of a deal. The entire procedure takes only a few minutes.
The big toe starts to bulge out due to its forced bending towards the direction of other toes. This is exactly how a bunion is formed on the side of the big toe. However, the same can also happen on the small toes, and such a bump is called a bunionette.
The condition, in the beginning, doesn’t cause much discomfort, but when it reaches its peak, the pain becomes unbearable and urgent surgery is needed.
* Surgery is the best option for someone who wishes to get rid of their union. It is useless to keep bearing all that severe pain.
* Yes, there are home remedies that can help you get through if you don’t want an operation to be done but then again you will have to be extra cautious and will have to make loads of efforts, so it is better to go for a surgery.
4. Cracked Heels
Nearly 20 percent of the Americans experience cracked heels at some point in their life. There can be many reasons behind getting a cracked heel, and the most common is too much dryness in the area.
* Heel balms – They simply work like as a moisturizer for your cracked skin and help in exfoliating the dead skin.
* Soaking and Exfoliating the Feet – Insert your affected foot inside the lukewarm water and let it soak for at least 20 minutes. And then clean and dry the wet area. The next step is to apply the heel balm for getting the affected area moisturized.
Too much friction on your feet can result in the creation of small pockets of fluids in that particular region. Such fluid pockets can form anywhere, and on feet, it is quite common.
Even a tiny blister can disrupt your daily life tasks depending upon the area where it gets formed.
* Blister Draining – You can drain out the liquid from the blister at your home easily. The following steps will help you in the process:
* Firstly, clean your hands with an anti-bacterial soap with warm water.
* Buy a new needle or disinfect the needle you already have with rubbing alcohol. You can use cotton for applying the alcohol.
* Now clean all your blisters with an antiseptic solution.
* Take the needle and carefully puncture your blister and let the liquid flow out.
* Applying an anti-bacterial ointment on the blister should be your next step.
* Now applying a bandage or gauze on the affected areas is a must.
The anti-bacterial ointment should be applied daily after cleaning the area until the affected region gets appropriately healed.
Disclaimer: A doctor’s visit is recommended if you observe that your condition isn’t getting better despite making efforts described.