Best Smith Machine 2020: Here is the list of Top 10 Smith Machine in 2020. Do not buy Smith Machine before reading this page. I truly believe it’s worth buying.
Best Smith Machine 2020
#01 –Body-Solid Powerline PSM1442XS Smith Machine Package Review
- Smith machine package for working out in a safe, Controlled environment
- Patented bushing System and super-smooth sliding carriages
- Includes adjustable bench, pec station, preacher curl station, and lat row station
#02 –Valor Fitness BE-11 Smith Machine Review
- HEAVY DUTY- Constructed from 4” x 2”, 12-gauge steel for strength and stability throughout frame. Solid steel bar latch support, bar rotation, and linear bearings to withstand the most challenging lifts.
- SAFE GUIDED MOTION- Bar is attached to prevent losing balance, eliminating the need for a spotter. Bar slides smoothly down carriage without any resistance. Case hardened rods and high-quality bearings ensure a smooth performance at any weight. BE-11 has a 5-degree pitch.
- VERSATILE- Users can perform several workouts, such as the bench press and squats, without a spotter. Users can also perform workouts such as rows, upright rows, shrugs, and calf raises to achieve a total body workout with just the BE-11 Smith Machine.
- KNURLED BAR- Solid steel, knurled bar for optimal grip on the bar. No center knurl. STORAGE PEGS- 4 Olympic plate storage pegs allow easy accessibility for 2” weight plates and an organized home gym.
- ADDITIONAL- Bar weighs 21 lb. NOTE: cables NOT included – the Valor Fitness BE-11CB Counter Balance (sold separately) includes cables and is designed to offset the weight of the bar. Meant for light-commercial use. Arrives in 5 separate boxes.
#03 –Body-Solid Powerline PSM144X Smith Machine Review
- Combines free weight power and resistance with the safety and control of a machine
- 12-gauge square pillars with 14 crossmember lock-out points
- Super-Glide nylon bushings deliver frictionless movement and performance
- Dual-lock Safety Spotter Catch System for safe solo lifting
- Measures 45 by 76 by 80 inches (L x W x H); weighs 158 pounds
#04 –Yukon Caribou III Power Rack Review
- Product Dimensions: 82"" H X 48"" W X 68""D
- Self-Oiling Bushings
- Chin-Up Bar
- Integrated Dip Station Mount
- Olympic Adapters for Smith Bar included free
#05 –Marcy Smith Cage Machine with Workout Bench and Weight Bar Review
- This all-in-one gym equipment features a variety of fitness exercises to tone and strengthens the core, thighs, arms, and legs. It’s a combination of a Smith machine, pull-up bar, cable crossovers, and a leg developer.
- Power-up your upper body muscles with the Smithstyle press bar and cable crossovers, and strengthen the lower body muscles with the leg developer.
- This multi-functional machine will help you target the different body parts. For the chest and shoulders area, you may do some crossover workouts through the steel aircraft cable system, pull-up bars, and cross pulleys.
- For thighs and legs training, the bottom pulley and leg developer allow you to target the hams, quads, and glutes.
- SM-4008 features a removable utility bench to have a full range of strength exercises. The workout bench has a padded seat that is adjustable to multiple different positions
#06 – Deltech Fitness Linear Bearing Smith Machine Review
- Precision Linear Roller Bearings Ride on Solid Steel Bars
- Olympic Bar with 700 lb. capacity
- Rear Supports Hold Plates When not in use
- Chrome plated bar hook rods and weight holders
- Weights not included
#07 – FORCE USA Monster G3 Power Rack, Functional Trainer & Smith Machine Combo Base Review
- The space-saving Force USA Monster G3 Home Gym combines a power rack, smith machine, and a cable pulley system into one versatile strength training system!
- The steel Power Rack component includes commercial grade J-Hooks and Safeties which can be adjusted using westside hole spacing to any height position you need.
- The Functional Trainer allows you to perform over 75 different exercises. Features adjustable height positions to perform shoulder, arms, chest, back, core and leg exercises.
- The Smith Machine is angled for natural body movement to provide a strong and safe workout. Re-rack your Smith bar with ease into any height position you need.
- Compact size: 51"W x 55"D x 87"H. 770lb weight rating. 2:1 Pulley ratio.
#08 –Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine Review
- All-steel construction – This home gym system is made with heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with durable powder coated finish. It utilizes sturdy aircraft cable With a tensile strength of 2, 000 lb. That’s guaranteed to withstand intense long-lasting use
- Multi-functional press arms – this versatile weight system home gym is designed with dual Action press arms. The press arms allow you to perform a variety of arm and chest exercises to develop your biceps, triceps, pectorals, and other muscle groups!
- Dual-action leg developer – featuring a dual-function leg developer with six oversize rocker pads and a row/curl bar, This unit comes with a pivot point that facilitates proper body form during workouts, allowing maximum effect on targeted muscle groups
- Olympic free-weight rack – engage in intense weightlifting or strength training right in the comfort of your home! It includes 6 weight plate pegs that are built into the frame, letting you organize weights/barbells on the machine for easy accessibility
- All-in-one workout station –This complete training system features an innovative structure that combines arm and leg stations for strengthening different muscle groups and executing comprehensive workouts, limiting the need to switch between gym equipment
#09 – Body Solid Series 7 Smith Machine Package Review
- Linear ball bearing Smith system with 20 crossmember lock-out points for a safe, solid stop at any point in your workout routine
- Freeweight gunrack system with 14 lift-off and racking positions for ultimate versatility, safety and control
- Large diameter Smith Bar responds quickly, is easy to control and weighs only 25 Lbs. It's ideal for amateurs or professionals
- Includes incredibly strong, adjustable safeties for both the Smith system and the freeweight barbell workout center.
- Assembled Dimensions: 84" x 78"L x 70"W (84" at bar)
#10 – Yukon Caribou III Smith Machine Review
- Self-Oiling Bushings
- Chin-Up Bar
- Free Low Row Foot Plate
- 47" & 18" Bars
- Integrated Dip Station Mount
Some machines are available in the form of barbell counterbalanced. The wide variety of exercises are performed by this type of equipment, are known as ‘Smith machine squats.’
What is a Smith Machine?
A weight machine which is used for weight training is known as Smith machine. It consists of barbells that are fixed within rails of steel material and allow only vertical movement or near-vertical movement.
Sometimes, weights are also added to this machine for exercise.
Most of the machines are available with additional components such as pulleys, overhead bar, a weight bench, etc. due to these features, a wide variety and versatility are observed in the market.
Benefits of a Smith Machine:
The safety is the main advantage of a smith machine which is used for home purposes. As it is made up of unique design which gives a safer mode with use by one person only. There is an absence of horizontal movements which reduces the requirement of weight balancing and it only allows you to lift heavier weight plates without any worry. This mainly sued in the type of movement by bench press in which you have to try with heavier weight and want to hit a new record of workout.
Another big benefit of the Smith Machine is that you can perform a lot of exercise with this. By just investing some amount of money to buy one piece of equipment and some accessories which give the full gym capacity at home.
For example –
Some Smith Machine is available with a barbell, weight plates, and a bench will allow you to perform a better workout with full strength. It also includes back squats, shoulder press, front squats and bench press, etc.
Some Smith Machines are available in the market in which a pullup bar and pulley presents. The Pullup bar allows you to do chin-ups and pullups as well. For completion of complete lat-pulldowns, bicep curls, and triceps rows, the pully is utilizing.
Smith Machine workout:
The better and efficient workout performed with the help of Smith machines. Some workout is listed as:
- Squat with Smith Machine: The squats with Smith machine, you should do the 3 sets with 12 repetitions.
- Row Smith Machine: You should do the 3 sets with 10 repetitions.
- Split Squat with Smith Machine: The split squats with Smith machine, you should do the 3 ser with 10 repetitions for a single leg. If counting both then it will be 6 sets with 20 repetitions.
- Bench press: You should do the 3 sets with 12 repetitions.
To perform a Smith machine squat, place the bar from where you’d like to un-rack it, then load the bar.
How to do a Smith machine squat?
You should follow the guidelines to perform the squat with Smith machine:
- Place the rack from the rack and put some load on it.
- Set up like normal squat.
- Move towards the center of the bar and place your shoulders under the bar.
- Un-rack the bar, then unlock your knees and hips simultaneously with a full range of motion.
- Rise back by pushing the ground, make sure shoulders are in a straight line.
- You should not feel the bar grinding forward into the Smith machine.
Gym Related Tags: Best Smith Machine 2020