Best Muay Thai Shin Guards 2019: Here is the list of the Top 10 Muay Thai Shin Guards 2019. Do not buy Muay Thai Shin Guards before reading this page. I truly believe it’s worth buying.
One of the great things about Muay Thai is that it requires very little equipment to be successful. After buying a good pair of hand wraps and gloves, you have to purchase the best pair shin guards designed specifically for Muay Thai.
Shin guards are pivotal to safe and effective training. They keep you safe when performing drills with training tools like heavy bags as well as when you’re sparring with a partner for practice.
Actually, beginners are not aware of the use of shin guards that’s why are not protect itself from powerful kicks. However, even more, advanced users should still wear shin guards for training.
Below we show you exactly how to buy the best Muay Thai shin guards to take your training to a whole new level.
How to choose best Muay Thai Shin guards?
There are literally dozens upon dozens of different types of Muay Thai shin guards available. We’re here to tell you that they’re not all created equal. Some models are much better than others.
What does better mean in this scenario? Well, in our opinion, the shin guards must not only fit well but also provide ample protection without restricting your movement.
Start your search by looking only at shin guards designed for Muay Thai. Though it can be tempting to buy generic shin guards, it really is very important to buy those that are created with Muay Thai in mind.
After narrowing down your search to Muay Thai shin guards, the three most important factors to look at are shin guard type, size, and fit. We look at each of these important factors in detail:
Muay Thai shin guards’ type:
The shin guards are available in the market with two main varieties as shin guard socks and shin guards with straps. The most popular guard type is Shin guards with straps because it provides more protection as compared to shin guard socks.
So, they mostly recommended by people during sparring and training. However, because of some best features present in it like light-weight, cliquey fit, and comfort.
The front part of the Muay Thai shin guard (the actual guard) is held to the leg by a series of straps. These shin guards provide ample protection all along the shin and down onto the top of the foot. They provide protection to both the person wearing them and the person they are sparring with.
Muay Thai shin guard socks is consisting of a sock-like sleeve which are attached to the shin guard attached. You should place your foot and shin down through the sleeve.
This type of Muay Thai shin guards with socks is much tighter than the Muay Thai shin guards with strap version. There is no need to adjust shin guards often because they have negligible movement so. Note that shin guard socks offer less protection than shin guards with straps.
Muay Thai shin guards’ Size:
Selecting the right size of Muay Thai shin guards is very important. You want your shin guards to be large enough to provide ample protection. The shin guards available in both size like small and large.
I observed that large shin guards slow down your kicks whereas small shin guards will leave your shins and feet bruised and battered.
You have to select the best size which gives the perfect balance between mobility and protection as well. Our recommendation is to buy bigger shin guards as a beginner. Speed and mobility aren’t as important, but you want to make sure your shins and feet are protected at all costs.
As you gain more experience, you can size down to smaller shin guards that promote lightning speed in favor of ample protection.
Best Muay Thai Shin Guards 2019
#01 – Fairtex Muay Thai Shin Guards
- Detachable toe and shin protector, easily adjust to fit different length of shin and for multi purpose of use through hook and loop joint.
- Shin and toe protector can be twisted left and right up to 90 degree. Toe protector can be moved up and down 90 degree as well. Make your movement so natural and support various kinds of martial art that use toe to assault.
- Size M - Height 5' 3" to 5' 10"
- Size L - Height 5' 10" to 6' 3"
- Size XL - Height 6' 3" and up
#02 – Fairtex Competition Muay Thai Shin Guards
- Sold in Pairs.
- Size S - Shin 13.5" Foot 5.5"
- Size M - Shin 15" Foot 6"
- Size L - Shin 15.5" Foot 6"
- Size XL - Shin 16.5" Foot 6.5"
#03 – KINGTOP Top King Muay Thai Shin Pads
- Constructed of premium leather with vectro straps.
- Hand made in Thailand.
- Free Shipping upgrade. Shin pads ship expedited with standard shipping cost.
- Import from Thailand.
#04 – Sanabul Essential Hybrid Kickboxing MMA Shin Guards
- Kickboxing or mm a Shin Guards choose when we have designed our Shin Guards to be as comfortable as mm a Shin Guards with the protection of traditional kickboxing or may Thai Shin Guards
- Enhanced protection. Sanabul one piece high-impact protection foam was specially developed to protect your shins during sparring. Articulated In-Step padding ergonomically contours to your foot
- No need to keep adjusting Shin Guards during training. Neoprene slip on design with top leg fastener and proprietary Mid leg fastener ensures a comfortable fit and minimizes Shin guard movement
- High durability. Essential Hybrid Shin Guards are triple-stitched throughout the entire Shin guard for added reinforcement and durability
- Xs: common size for Children or individuals less than 110 lbs. Small/Medium: commonly used by individuals less than 5'10". L/XL: commonly used by individuals taller than 5'10"
#05 – RDX Shin Guard MMA Instep
- A moulded design with padding for enhanced protection
- QD-1 sweat absorbing technology for ultimate comfort
- Dual-padding built with Shell-Shock gel and Supremo-Shock Foam
- Lightweight with nylon based Nylastic outer cover for durability
- NEO-1 based hook and loop closure with dual cross straps for a perfectly secure fit
#06 – Fairtex SP3 Pro Style Shin Guards
- Sold in Pairs.
- Size S - Shin 12" Foot 4.75"
- Size M - Shin 13" Foot 5"
- Size L - Shin 14" Foot 5"
- Size XL - Shin 15" Foot 5.5"
#07 – Elite Sports Muay Thai Shin & Instep Guards
- UNIVERSAL FITMENT - The shin guards are pre-curved to fit the natural curve of your shin and instep. A secure closure system, with a stretchable strap, allows you to tailor your SHIN GUARDS to get a comfortable wearing experience & universal fitment. You'll stay focused while reaching your maximum potential.
- GAIN SPEED & MOBILITY - The lightweight design offers you superior movement and speed. Made from 100% cotton means they'll stay securely in place. You won't lose focus having to readjust your shin guard as they'll slide on easily and stay put.
- STAY PROTECTED - The high-density impact protection foam padding on the shinbone and instep enhance shock absorption for added protection because they cover both the foot, instep. and shins.
- UNISEX - These INSTEP GUARDS are great for any MMA, KICKBOXING, & MUAY THAI and are great for both males & females! Their design makes them a great option for everyone ranging from 18 - 55 years old as the material stretches to fit all leg sizes.
- EASY TO CLEAN & MAINTAIN - Made from stretchable material means your PROTECTIVE GEAR is easy to clean and maintain. You won't have to worry about any lingering funky smells. In addition, these INSTEP GUARDS are fully washable so you can thoroughly wash them when needed. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE WRITE YOUR QUESTION IN THE CUSTOMER QUESTIONS & ANSWERS SECTION BELOW.
#08 – RDX Shin Guard MMA
- Made using highly durable Maya Hide leather for an unbreakable, long-lasting product
- Multi-layered padding absorbs the harshest of impacts with equal shock distribution
- Neo-1 based embedded neoprene stretch material comfortably aligns against the body
- QD-2 inner lining to wick away sweat, keeping the skin fresh
- Cross-over strapping system locks pad down in place with zero budge
#09 – Meister MMA Shin & Instep Padded Guards
- Full elasticated body hugs the legs and feet
- Slides on easily but stays in place all workout long
- Unique hook and loop strap secures top of guard tightly
- Padding retains your individual leg form through use
- Meister MMA Exclusive - Designed to fit and protect like no other lightweight shin/instep guards
#10 – Venum “Kontact” Shin and Instep Guards
- High quality cotton
- Strategical reinforcement insuring more protection
- Velcro closure for a customized no-slip fit
- Machine washable
Gym Related Tags: Best Muay Thai Shin Guards 2019