Best Gym Plates 2020: We’ve created this in-depth weight plates buying guide to provide an overview of the different weight plate products that are currently available on the market. This Weight Benches help you to lift heavy equipment. I truly believe it’s worth buying.
Best Gym Plates 2020
#01 -CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Grip Plate, 35 lbs
- This Gold's Gym 50lb Olympic Grip Plate Set helps bring the gym to your home. With four 10 lb and two 5 lb grip plates,
- this set allows for gradual weight increases as you grow stronger
#02 –X Training Equipment Premium
- Pro-grade: Trust the brand found in commercial gyms across the US. X Training olympic plates outperform the competition.
- Solid Construction: Go ahead and PR that lift without worrying about your plates. Designed for low bounce and high durability, X Training bumper plates are constructed of 100% solid rubber to...
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: This 160 lb bumper plates set comes with a pair of: 45, 25, and 10lb bumper plates.
- LOW ODOR: These bumper plates have no oily coating, which allows them to have very low - to absolutely no odor, so they won’t stink up your gym.
#04 –Fitness Reality 810XLT
- Included Components: Power Cage, Lat Pulldown
#05 -X Training Equipment Premium
#06 –Rep Fitness Bumper Plates
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: 370 lb Set of Olympic Bumper Plates, Includes Three Pair of: 45 lb Plates, One Pair of: 25, 15, 10 lb Plates, Solid Rubber with Steel Inserts. Fits Olympic Bar with 2 inch sleeves
- CROSS TRAINING ESSENTIALS: A good bumper plate set is the centerpiece for modern HIIT training. Perform Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts safely and confidently with our tough, 100% rubber bumper...
#07 –CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch Weight Plate, Gray, Single
- CONSTRUCTION – Made of solid cast iron with a machined center hole and a gray, baked enamel coating. These Olympic weight plates have a 2-inch center hole to accommodate Olympic bars.
- FEATURES –The gray baked enamel coating ensures a durable, reliable weight that will last through grueling workouts. Raised silver numbers help to easily identify weight size.
#08 -CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Grip Plate, 35 lbs
#09 –Cast Iron Olympic 2-Inch
- Solid and Durable: This grip plate is made of heavy-duty cast iron, so that it is sure to hold up under a lot of resistance and duress. High-quality and long-lasting, each weight will benefit your...
- Add That Little Extra: If you’re looking for a more challenging workout that is suitable for both beginners and advanced fitness levels, our grip plate will add that little extra, fitting all...
#10 –XMark TRI-Grip Plates, Pairs and Sets, One-Year Warranty, Olympic Weight Plates, Classic Design
- CONTENTS: (2) 2.5 lb, (4) 5 lb, (4) 10 lb and (2) 45 lb of TRI-GRIP Rubber Coated Olympic plates. Total weight 155 lbs.
- ONE-YEAR HOME WARRANTY: XMark warrants their TRI-GRIP Plates to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal residential use and conditions, for a period of one (1) year from the...
Weight gym plates are flat, heavy and they are made up of cast iron. They are used in combination with dumbbells or barbells for producing a bar with a required total weight for the purpose of physical exercise.
There are merely two types exist of the gym plates which are,
- Standard gym plates: this plate has a center hole about of one inch. This plate is generally paired with the adjustable dumbbells. Yet, standard barbells are also available.
- Olympic gym plates: this plate meant to get fitted on sleeves of the two-inch Olympic barbells. This plate is generally paired with the adjustable full-size barbells. Yet, Olympic dumbbells are too available.
These gym plates have a hole just because of for ease of carrying which are also called grip plates or the solid discs which are usually used for competition purposes.
Some of the non-competition plates are also of different structure, variable diameter, widths, with adjustable dumbbells, or with larger sized dumbbells which have a large diameter, thickness, etc.
This gym weight plates are generally used of rounds shaped, still, other 12 sides or polygonal shaped gym weight plates though available in the market.
Most of the gym plates are coated with enamel paint hammerstone, or rubber, plastic, chrome for resistance to corrosion purposes.
Gym plates are available in different range of masses:
- standard plates are available in –
- 5, 5, 10, 25 lb denominations,
- 25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, and 15 kilograms denominations.
- Olympic gym plates are available in –
- 5, 5, 25, 35, 10, 45 in-lbs denominations.
- 25, 2.5, 5, 15, 10, 20, and 25 in kilograms denominations.
- Bumper gym plates are available in –
- 10, 15, 35, 25, 45 and 55 in-lb denominations.
- 5, 10, 20, 15, and 25 in kg denominations.
- Mild steel
- Cast iron
- Rubber coated plates
- Solid cast iron.
- The gym plate has a convenient design.
- It has the utmost strength.
- Some gym plates have oversized holes which helps n allowing the user to safely lift and load it on equipment or on a bar.
- The coating makes a semi-glossy finish pleasing look.
Usage of gym plates:
This weight plate is mainly designed for the gym purpose, and for the bodybuilders who want to build a muscle.
Olympic plates may come up in the form of bumper plates, which are made up of rubber. This plate is mainly made for Olympic weightlifting.
Sub kind of bumper plates is lower end bumper plates which are merely made up of solid rubber with steel or brass hub.
These are more compact with the layer of rubber surrounding on steel core. Also, permits a loaded barbell to be dropped after a lift with no or negligible damage to the floor and bar.
This plate is an alternative to the rubber plates and made up of plastic, usually more expensive than the rubber plates but has more capacity to hold up to repeated drops.
Gym Related Tags: Best Gym Plates 2020