Best Calf Machine 2020: Building your calves is a notoriously difficult task. It’s easier when you have the right tools. We’re going to take you through.
Best Calf Machine 2020
#01 – Ader Tibia Dorsi Calf Machine
- Ader Tibia Dorsi Calf Machine (weights not included)
- Deluxe rubber pad protect legs and ankles. Grid plate foot rest.
#02 – Valor Fitness CC-5 Seated Calf Raise Machine
- HEAVY DUTY CALF RAISE MACHINE- The CC-5 Calf Machine is constructed with 12-gauge steel for strength and durability. The diamond plated foot plates give you stability when performing calf raises,...
- BUILD CALF STRENGTH- Use this leg machine to target the soleus calf muscle and accelerate calf muscle growth in your workout! Calf raises also help to treat and prevent shin splints by strengthening...
#03 -Human Touch Reflex4 Targeted Relief
- PATENTED FIGURE-8 TECHNOLOGY. Completely surrounds the feet and calves to deliver a fluid, highly effect massage that emulates the expert hands and techniques of highly trained massage therapists
- STIMULATING UNDER-FOOT REFLEXOLOGY ROLLERS. Powerful rollers just under the feet provide a robust massage to relieve soles and heels
#04 – Giantex Shiatsu Kneading Rolling Vibration
- 【Multifunction】Shiatsu, Kneading, Vibration, Rolling, And Heating. Fits up to: US Men's Size 14, US Women's Size 16.5
- 【Design】The ergonomicaly design is adopted to replicate ancient massage and to target the sensitive area of the calves and soles of the feet.
#05 -XMark Fitness 11-Gauge Seated Calf Raise with Height Adjustable
- Build strong, powerful calves with the XMark Seated Calf Raise XM-7613.
- XMark’s seated calf raise features 11-gauge 2” x 3” steel construction, bolted on skid resistant feet and a scratch resistant, baked powder coat finish.
#06 -Titan Seated Calf Raise Machine
- IMPROVED VERSION TWO: The version two introduces new thigh roller pads, for added comfort, so you can focus on the exercise at hand without any unnecessary strain. Also new in the version two is the...
- BUILD POWERFUL CALVES: Use the Titan Calf Raise Machine to build your calves like never before, with 500 lbs. weight capacity and 10-in of loadable sleeve length on each side – it’s only a matter...
#07 – Tibia Dorsi Calf Machine
#08 -Human Touch Sol Foot and Calf Shiatsu
- Reflexology massager - delivers a powerful reflexology massage that Brings the body back into its natural state to help promote the body's natural healing. It works by forcing blood Back towards the...
- Targeted relief - offers improved circulation, quick recovery for stressed feet, and rejuvenated muscles after long periods of standing. Delivers Deeply-penetrating vibrating foot massage for...
#09 -Body-Solid Leverage Squat and Calf Raise Machine (GSCL360)
- QUALITY: Squat machine supports weight loads of over 800 pounds (weight plates sold separately. Heavy-gauge diamond plate foot platform set to an ideal 20-degree pitch
- STRENGTH BUILDING: Perfect for building mass and strength in your thighs, glutes, calves, and lower back
#10 – Body-Solid Seated Calf Raise Machine (GSCR349)
- ERGONOMIC: The Body-Solid Seated Calf Raise Exercise Machine includes an ergonomic design that reduces stress on the ball of the foot and promotes deep muscle work
- DURABLE: Main frame is constructed of 2" x 3", 11-gauge heavy steel, perfect for commercial use
Calf machines are mainly used for exercising the gastrocnemius, soleus muscles of the lower leg and tibialis posterior. The exercise movement performed is plantar flexion and ankle extension.
Some trainers told that make 50 reps of this machine, as they believe that the slow-twitch fibers are available in gastrocnemius and higher repetitions done with a lower weight. But it incorrect! The gastrocnemius is made up of fast-twitch fibers which gives more benefits if done exercise by only 6 to 8 repetitions with a heavy load in standing calf machine.
There are two types of calf machines are available in the market. Let’s check them:
Bent – Knee:
The calf raises are sometimes done with a position at nighty degree angle of seating. This position is used to emphasize the soleus.
For comfort, most people do bent knee raises done with a seated position. The resistance is added frequently as the upper is just rested on the seat of the machine. If you want to bodyweight then you have to drape one leg towards another though external rotation to unilaterally exercise and weight lifting as double.
The stretching of the hamstring which focused on hip extension, the bridging exercise is done with the flexed knee.
Straight – Knee:
This type of raises is done with one foot and both feet as well. This type of exercise is done raised surface with the heel which is lower than toes on purpose to allow the greater stretching of working muscles.
For this one, weight and other methods used to provide resistance but with alone weight only, it more effective. With one leg of variation, the difficulty may occur with free-standing calf raises.
By using the leg press machine, a straight knee calf raises are done. It is not the type of bodyweight exercise. In it, only a small weight of the foot is lifted and some amount of resistance will come from the sled.
This machine is easy to install. It is available with all safety features. During the exercise, the safety bar is used to come weight down safely.
- Do it anywhere –
- You can use this machine at any time and anywhere like brushing your teeth, washing clothes, standing in the line of the store.
- You simple to take a position of your feet underneath of hip, raise your heels which will give whole body weight to toes.
- For feeling in contraction in calves, you have to lift heels as high as possible.
- Build calf muscles –
- The improvement in the strength of gastrocnemius is because of exercise by standing calf machine.
- Whereas, the soleus strength increases by using a bent knee position.
- Improve ankle stability –
- The motion of the ankle is controlled by calf muscles.
- If your calf’s muscles rea strong that means you are having strong control over ankle plantar flexion, pointing of toes.
- The more strength is beneficial for sportsman or runners. It leads to more efficient running.
The calf machine is mainly used for the balance of the body. Because of the use of this machine, ankle stability increases which indirectly improves body balancing.
Now, I just want to tell you that if you want to balance your body, then you can choose any type of calf machine. All are best for use and provided with additional safety features.
Related Tags: Best Calf Machine 2020