Acupressure for Weight Loss – There are numerous ways to deal with more than enough weight, and pressing acupressure for weight loss is one of the easiest.
Acupressure is an ancient medical practice under Traditional Chinese Medicine to cure various
Losing weight can be a troublesome task, taking help of this natural practice can support the
hard work you invest in your weight loss practices.
Acupressure for Weight Loss
Before start practicing acupressure, it is important you learn about Traditional Chinese Medicine
and understand all the aspects of acupressure.
We have compiled all the knowledge you require about acupressure points for weight loss so
that you can take utmost advantage of this ancient practice.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) includes two ancient healing methods; Acupressure, and Acupuncture. According to this ancient medical science, 12 basic meridians are used for these healing methods. Meridians are pathways for the energy, termed as “Qi” or “Chi” in Chinese.
It is believed that blockage in Qi imbalances the body and cause illness. That’s why the pressures of acupressure and the needles of acupuncture unblock the pathways of energy to open ways for the free flow of Qi.
How Acupressure Can Help With Weight Loss?
Traditional Chinese Medicine deals with weight loss with two techniques. First by releasing extra ‘heat’ and ‘moisture’ from the body. And the other include maintaining the health of the organs of digestion.
‘Heat’ and ‘moisture’ are mere terms as per the TCM. Because using acupressure and acupuncture do not change the temperature or cause moisture on the skin. These terms define the imbalance of energy in the body.
So, if a body has an excess amount of ‘heat’ and ‘moisture’, then it has imbalance energy, which is the cause of extra weight. To deal with it acupressure at the ideal points can be applied.
Acupressure Points for Weightloss
1. The most useful acupressure points in weight loss are found around the ear. They are SI19, TW21, and GB2. To apply acupressure to these points, use your thumb to the triangular flap at the front of the ears. The thumb can cover all three points.
You can also find this point by placing a finger against your jaw, then open your mouth. The point which has the highest movement is your acupressure point.
Medium pressure for the time span of three minutes is recommended to apply. This benefits in controlling the appetite as well as improve digestion.
2. Another acupressure point is situated between the upper lip and the nose in between the crease or the philtrum. It is known as GV26. Application of medium pressure for five minutes is recommended two times a day. It also helps in regulating hunger.
3. There is also Ren 6 located exactly 3 cm below the belly button. Apply the index and middle fingers to massage this point up and down for two minutes twice a day. This benefits in improving the digestive system of the body.
4. Find another point below the kneecap, more off towards the outer part of the leg. This point is named as Knee Point ST36. To identify this point flex your foot, if you can feel the muscle moving under your finger, then this is the right spot. Pressure this point for a minute with the forefinger. It can help in making stomach function healthy.
5. Situated on the inside of elbow crease close to the outer part of the elbow, Elbow point LI 11 is helpful in stimulating the functioning of the intestine. Pressure can be applied with a thumb for one minute in a day. It reduces excess moisture from the body.
6. Apply pressure for one minute in a day with your thumb at Pressure point SP6. It can be found two inches above the ankle on the inner side of the leg back of the bone. Pressuring this point can help in balancing fluids of the body.
7. Then, there are also abdominal sorrow points. They have location below your lowest ribs in a straight line down from your earlobes. Each rib is to be pressured for five minutes in a day to cure indigestion.
These acupressure points can be utilized to lose weight or maintain the weight from increasing. The science of acupressure has no side effect. But if you cannot find comfort with one point, you can use the other point. Each person has unique experiences as per his or her situations. Be aware of how you feel and respond to the pressure.
How acupressure should be applied?
When the points are not about the central part of the body, then acupressure is applied on both sides for the same duration. The general intensity suggestible is light to medium. You should choose it as per your comfort. Hard pressure is not advised.
Light pressure is considered when on the press of a finger, skin is depressed slightly and it affects the skin surrounded by the pressure point gently. The muscle movement can be felt but not a pulse or bone.
While medium pressure impacts the skin more. At the body parts with thin skin, bone or pulse can be felt along with joints and muscle moving.
Acupressure can be applied any time and any place as per your convenience. It feels great when practiced in a quiet environment.
Along with your regular weight loss practices and a healthy diet, practice of Acupressure can maximize the results and take you closer to your weight loss goal.
Acupressure is a trusted practice that has many other benefits as well. It reduces the stress levels you go through on your weight loss regimes.
Above all, this practice has no side effects. It is very easy to practice with no requirement of expert supervision without any extra cost.
These are all the reasons to start practice acupressure right from today to see the weight loss results early. (acupressure for weight loss)